Search the forum,

Discuss Aga heat exhanger in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pfcprc

Hi - I need a little advice, I am having a new boiler fitted next week to run our central heating and hot water. At the moment our gas powered AGA heats the hot water via a heat exchange unit, can I just drain the water out of the aga system, cap off the pipework and just leave the heat exchanger in place? I know this will kill the exchanger but it seems easyer than removing it!

I don't know a lot about aga's but don't just drain and cap the heat ex, any amount of water left will turn to steam and you will then have created a bomb
The above is not a joke

Thanks Jonny that was my worry, I was going to look to pack with sand. Mind you to do that properly I will have to pull most of it apart to make sure its fully packed and in that case should just remove I guess

or if you can remove it or if you cant put a few holes in it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Aga heat exhanger in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock