Discuss Advice on gas carcass in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

JG123

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi, basically i was contacted by the neighbour of a large job i done recently and they asked me to quote for a new boiler as there one has broken down.
I called round there yesterday evening to have a look and it was a keston c55 in the loft that had been isolated by keston/ideal for multiple faults, knackered heat exchanger......
The whole house inc basment has underfloor heating and 2x 250ltr unvented cylinders hence the large boiler.
Then i start thinking 55kw boiler what else you got in the house? had a look around and found 1x ilfe 6.3kw fire, 1x 6.5kw ilfe fire and a gas hob 13.3kw. thats 81kw all on an old g4.
Did the gas rate calc on this which comes out at 8.1m3/hr!!

Any thoughts on this?

Installation volume is fine, did some calcs with the diversity factors (presuming a system boiler is 1 and not 0.8?) and came up with..
70.66kw x 0.094 = 6.64m3/hr also...
70.66kw x 3.6 = 254.38 divided by 38.76 = 6.56m3/hr

need to bring this down to stay in scope, all help so far appreciated :)

Stick a valve in and a test nipple just before the first appliance. Test to that point. Then test after that point.

Suppose the only way this is going to work on domestic scope without upgraded supply is to get rid of an appliance! Hobs looking to be a favourite!

Is the diversity factor on a system boiler 1?

Because you are over the volume for testing. You can ( in theory) test to one valve, then test the other half of the pipework with a seperate test nipple.
I asked this on my reassessment in January.

Because you are over the volume for testing. You can ( in theory) test to one valve, then test the other half of the pipework with a seperate test nipple.
I asked this on my reassessment in January.
sorry mate, I've checked the IV and its all good I.e within scope ..., it's the overall kW of the installation and gas consumption that's confusing matters.
if the diversity factor or a system boiler is .8 then it's just in scope and all will be fine by the skin of its teeth. Need some clarification on that though! Cheers

I know its not really answering the question but Keston do a fixed price repair parts and labour was about £260, had them out couple of times on C55's they practically replaced everything in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Advice on gas carcass in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Replies
Views
ShowerSmellProblems
S

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock