Discuss Advice Needed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlumbersMate

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Friend has moved into a new house and he has got very low pressure on the Hot tap of his bath, but everything else in house is fine pressure wise, including the shower over the bath. No tank in loft so believe its a direct combi system? Does this sound like an air lock on the HW pipe work?

could be, but other things to check would be a blockage in the supply debris etc ( i went to a job with similar symptoms, i took off the tap and there was a clove of garlic???? wedged in there) or a kinked flexi tap connector, too many elbows etc, isolation valve causing restriction cos its not full bore.

KJ

have you got high pressure taps on a low pressure system

sorry forget that I didnt read the post properly

as said above check the isolators or possibly the tap washer is deteriating and blocking (unlikely but I have experianced it on a low pressure system)

Last edited:
thanks all who have replied, am popping there tomoz so will have a look at all these suggestions. really appreciate it

It is probably the tap catridge faulty, the spindle can seize up with scale and the circlip can come off the the spindle preventing the washer to raise off the seat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Advice Needed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock