Currently reading:
Advice needed on cutting clay drains.

Discuss Advice needed on cutting clay drains. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tonyacktar

HI

Any advice on cutting a broken clay drain pipe, it will be my first time.
I will be cutting out the damaged section and reconnecting to the soil stack with pvc pipe.
I know a chain ratchet is the correct tool but I don't have one.
I think an angle grinder with a diamond blade will do the trick. Any advice before I break it.

See photo

clay drain.jpg

many thanks

what I do is make a cut then on the waste side cut again about 8 inch away then join the cuts and remove that section that then allows you to cut the full way through then simply fernco it and its done, done it plenty of times never had a problem

Angle grinder/ disc cutter with diamond blade works for me, just be careful it doesn't snatch on you.

I'd agree with Alpha man, angle grinder all the way.

Apparently you can pack them out with sand, tamp down, then work round it with a cold chisel until it cracks. Not suitable in this instance but would imagine it takes considerable skill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Advice needed on cutting clay drains. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock