Currently reading:
3 branch soil fittings

Discuss 3 branch soil fittings in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

mutley racers

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Are there any? As in left, right and centre.Or not, as you are not allowed to connect toilets opposite each other due to crossflow? I hope that makes sense. Basically, i have a ladies toilets to plumb in and the soil pipe comes in right at the centre of where the toilets will be. So two to the left and two to the right?

Cheers fellers

Well it turns out lads that, I actually only need a cross section branch. Measured it all up and the pipe doesn't pop up through the floor right on centre with pan. Thanks for all the advice. I guess we all learnt a bit from this. Me, never listen to what the builder says you need without visiting the job and some of you guys, that there are 3 brach fittings.

While we're on about soil pipes, could some one tell me the best method to solve the leak above. It is leaking on the grey strap on boss where it connects to the stack. I don't really want to chop it out and use a slip coupler as it is going to be tricky to re-do the 40mm pipe as I cannot see any pipe to play with. I have tried warming things up with a blow torch befors and it always ends up melting. Splitting it off with a chisel is another option, but when you do this can you still glue new fitting onto the pipe that was welded into the old one?

I have not seen the job yet so that is the only picture I have.

Once again fellers, thanks

IMG-20140127-WA0003.jpg

Cap if off and take it in lower down the stack.

I like the idea of running it down lower! But what is the best way to get an old welded fitting off the pipe as all pipework is under a tiled floor so i cannot run new one from inside. what about a load of mastic!!!:smiley2:

Well it turns out lads that, I actually only need a cross section branch. Measured it all up and the pipe doesn't pop up through the floor right on centre with pan. Thanks for all the advice. I guess we all learnt a bit from this. Me, never listen to what the builder says you need without visiting the job and some of you guys, that there are 3 brach fittings.

Took me ages to find them! Thats valuable time I could have spend looking at naked ladies!

Cap if off and take it in lower down the stack.

Actually, I see your thinking now, The hole there is massive so i can cut the pipe by the wall and put a tee on that and drop it in lower. Not sure how I would cap the old pipework though, due to it being all fittings.

Do you stock these Ray?

I was just about to buy from a company in birmingham and saw that their soil pipe is £25 for for 3 metre single socket. then looked at your brochure and it is half the price

Yes, SU420 in grey is in stock everywhere (although most branches only have one or two).

Su420 Black at selected branches only, and su420 white is only stocked in our central depot in Fareham.

Mutley, can you call me as I've lost your number. I have another heat only boiler swap in Cobham if you're interested?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 3 branch soil fittings in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock