Search the forum,

Discuss 3/4" blanking caps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dannyparty92

Purchased some 3/4" blanking caps from tool station today and I didn't check them until I got home but they didn't come with any rubber washers inside. I need to blank off a wheelhead valve because the rads been removed for decoration and the valve still leaks. Will a fibre washer in the inside of the blanking nut do I will I need to the black round rubber washer?

It should do. You could always rub a little LSX on the end or put some L55 or PTFE round the thread.

Yeah I was thinking of pasting the fibre washer it's only thin but is the correct size and putting some PTFE around the thread.

Is there anywhere that sells the round 3/4" washers on there own?

i've got those brass caps in 1/2, 3/4 and 1". come in very handy

Yeah Kozak I noticed them didn't know if they was any good. Spose if it seals the outside in the nut then that's ok. Thank you everyone very much appreciated :).

toolstation sell the rubbers separately for about 50p a pack.
ptfe round the thread is all you need and as said...they wont fit 22mm

i use them mainly for rad valves and also capping off wm valves

I see them now there called ball valve washers 68p for a pack of two in toolstation.

3/4 caps only fit m/i threads but you can get blanking caps for fittings as well which normally have the rubber in as said washmac hose rubber or tape

The 3/4" blanking cap was a good fit on the valve the 22mm was too big. Yeah iv found the 3/4" rubber washers in toolstation now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 3/4" blanking caps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock