Discuss 18v Drill in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfgs

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I am looking at buying an 18v drill and impact driver set, what do you guys all have and recommend? Also what kind of price did you pay.

Also I keep losing my screwdrivers so need a new set. My current ones are Stanley and to be honest I haven't been overly impressed with them. What sets do you recommend?

The older non "fuel" twin pack can now be picked up very reasonably. Think plumb are doing them for around £250+

Nothing wrong with them, my kit has been going years. Waiting for an excuse to upgrade to fuel but I think I'll be waiting a while.

Milwaukee HD18PP2A-402 M18 Twin Pack

this is a decent deal, 4ah batts and the drill will drill most things you want a cordless to do.

The impact driver C18 ID in that kit is only single fixed torque whereas the Fuel drill kit impact has 3 torque settings from very low for delicate screws etc, to very high.
Also the Fuel drill is lighter & smaller, so personally I would get the Fuel kit.

The impact driver C18 ID in that kit is only single fixed torque whereas the Fuel drill kit impact has 3 torque settings from very low for delicate screws etc, to very high.
Also the Fuel drill is lighter & smaller, so personally I would get the Fuel kit.

The main reason i got the fuel stuff was the weight reduction and the normal impacts tendency to snap screws on occasion.
or fly straight through talon clips!

i mainly use my fual impact on 2 which is plenty powerful.
one for plasterboard and floor boards.

3 for lag bolts or 4 inch plus screws.

i would always spend the extra money on the fuel stuff now.

Why are you using an impact for clips and PB? The TINY M12 CD does that stuff with ease!

I only use my impact for large screws through timbers etc.

i have a 3 speed impact driver, has not made a difference in how i use the tool really. If im doing delicate work i would not use an impact driver tbh but a drill driver with the clutch setting required. I guess it depends what you want to pay and use it for. If you want to spend the extra 100 squid get the fuel, or spend the 100 squid on a saw or radio. If the weight is a concern then get a kit with the 2ah batts.

choices, choices! :)

The main reason i got the fuel stuff was the weight reduction and the normal impacts tendency to snap screws on occasion.
or fly straight through talon clips!

i mainly use my fual impact on 2 which is plenty powerful.
one for plasterboard and floor boards.

3 for lag bolts or 4 inch plus screws.

i would always spend the extra money on the fuel stuff now.

Thanks for telling me. Exactly what I had thought - I don't want an impact driver that is full torque all the time as it would make it unusable for a lot of work. When spending £300 + what's another few quid?

Why are you using an impact for clips and PB? The TINY M12 CD does that stuff with ease!

I only use my impact for large screws through timbers etc.

I have a little combo van so i try to carry as little with me as i can

so i have a dewalt t stack with my sds and impact in and 4 batts
2 3 amps and 2 1.5 amps.
All my drill bits in the top.
Does me 90% of the time :)

another option is you could spend the extra 100 towards a 10.8v/12v screwdriver for the delicate work. the dewalt would be my choice.

i have the dewalt 18v twinpack just getting used to it impacts a beast think there 4.0 batteries,drill drivers lively but only drilling plugs with it,as for bits Milwaukee are sh8te,wera much better

Thanks for telling me. Exactly what I had thought - I don't want an impact driver that is full torque all the time as it would make it unusable for a lot of work. When spending £300 + what's another few quid?

2 setting is what you get out of a makita impact performance wise imho,
1 is really delicate, soon as it starts to "impact" it cuts out
will still go through plaster board if you're not careful but its controllable.

i have a screwdriver for putting plasterboard up though, i would never use it other than the odd fixing in pb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 18v Drill in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back