Discuss Gas Bill at £2106.42 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi

I'm new here and hoping someone can help.

On submitting a gas meter reading my account is showing as being in debit of £2106.42. I live on my own in a privately rented flat (2 bedrooms). On querying the amount with my supplier it has come to light that since I moved in the supplier has the wrong meter serial number and has been reading my neighbours (also lives on own in a 2 bed). The meter on my neighbours is currently at 3332 and mine is 7906 - the meters were installed on the same date and she has lived here longer than me. The meter reading when I moved in was 1592 (October 2015).

My query is; how can my reading be more than double (it was only last week that I turned my heating on), I live on my own and work full time, also (a little shamed to admit) I rarely use my gas oven.

How would it be possible for our readings to be so different? Back in January I had no hot water so my landlord (who says he is corgi registered) came out and fixed the issue - could he have done something that would give me such a high reading/bill.

I have also been informed that there is no record of my meter on the national grid and that meter has not been serviced since I moved in 3 years ago.

Sorry I'm not able to give any technical information and appreciate what I am asking may not be a straight forward answer but any guidance would be greatly appreciate.

Thank you for reading.

There's something wrong with those readings.

I've lived in my house, 2 bed semi, for 30 years since it was new and it's still got the original Gas meter.
My current meter reading is 9742.

I supsect that meter is reading the usage for all the flats combined.
How many are there.?

You need confirmation that only your gas usage is passing through that meter.

I'm suspicious that the landlord has been up to something. Claiming to be 'Corgi Registered', (Corgi stopped registrations in 2009) and a meter that is not on record. Hmm...

Are there 'odd' billing arrangements for other utilities or Council Tax?

I'm suspicious that the landlord has been up to something. Claiming to be 'Corgi Registered', (Corgi stopped registrations in 2009) and a meter that is not on record. Hmm...

Are there 'odd' billing arrangements for other utilities or Council Tax?
Could be anything. As requested can you get pictures of the meters please. Could be using yours as a primary.

If the supplier has been reading your neighbors and billing you for that ( I presume you have paid?)
Then those payments should be deducted from your total.
It sounds like your meter hasn’t been read for 3 years
Also if that is true. Has your neighbor had no gas bill?

10/20 of them. When was it last Serviced and when was the last time you had a tightness test completed?(checked for gas leaks)
Hi, thank you for replying. I've spoken to my landlord today who has confirmed that a service was carried out on 22/01/2018 and included a tightness test. I was under the impression that the service was only on the boiler but would he have done the meter too?

He is not the most approachable person (I've had a bad, upsetting experience with a previous landlord and don't like to question) and he has told me he will send a copy of the paperwork when he returns from holiday...although didn't say when this was.

Reply to Gas Bill at £2106.42 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock