Currently reading:
Gas Bill at £2106.42

Discuss Gas Bill at £2106.42 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi

I'm new here and hoping someone can help.

On submitting a gas meter reading my account is showing as being in debit of £2106.42. I live on my own in a privately rented flat (2 bedrooms). On querying the amount with my supplier it has come to light that since I moved in the supplier has the wrong meter serial number and has been reading my neighbours (also lives on own in a 2 bed). The meter on my neighbours is currently at 3332 and mine is 7906 - the meters were installed on the same date and she has lived here longer than me. The meter reading when I moved in was 1592 (October 2015).

My query is; how can my reading be more than double (it was only last week that I turned my heating on), I live on my own and work full time, also (a little shamed to admit) I rarely use my gas oven.

How would it be possible for our readings to be so different? Back in January I had no hot water so my landlord (who says he is corgi registered) came out and fixed the issue - could he have done something that would give me such a high reading/bill.

I have also been informed that there is no record of my meter on the national grid and that meter has not been serviced since I moved in 3 years ago.

Sorry I'm not able to give any technical information and appreciate what I am asking may not be a straight forward answer but any guidance would be greatly appreciate.

Thank you for reading.

Historic bills would show consumption over time .. and whether they were using estimated or actual readings
It’s a quarterly bill where I submitted the reading on me moving in and the final reading (one that I gave current supplier). Could 3 months usage be helpful for me to submit the the supplier do you think? Thank you again for replying.

It’s a quarterly bill where I submitted the reading on me moving in and the final reading (one that I gave current supplier). Could 3 months usage be helpful for me to submit the the supplier do you think? Thank you again for replying.

That depends on what the 3 months consumption says

How long have you been in this flat?

That depends on what the 3 months consumption says

How long have you been in this flat?
Hi, sorry for late reply - for some reason I didn’t receive an alert. I’ve lived in the flat 3 years.

I’ve been asked to take readings from the supplier every day until Sunday - the reading is going up by one everyday. I have not had the heating on everyday neither have I cooked everyday...not sure if this reading sounds about right??

I’ve been asked to take readings from the supplier every day until Sunday - the reading is going up by one everyday. I have not had the heating on everyday neither have I cooked everyday...not sure if this reading sounds about right??

If you're not using any gas appliances the meter should not be showing any increase but it is, that is what you should be communicating to your supplier.

Reply to Gas Bill at £2106.42 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock