Currently reading:
Your opinions please?

Discuss Your opinions please? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Phil2010

Please view all of these photos, then tell me what you would do in my situation. Thanks! Bathroom

Last edited by a moderator:
you have to have a support batten on the back of the bath - not only to stop it sagging but also to hold it to the wall. Building a good one of these is a work of art in itself, but I have a pretty good way of doing it!

Silicon isnt enough in itself . . .

I would add that every item fitted in the bathroom should be fitted in accordance with manufacturers recomendations. Not sure if any manufacurers do recommend silicone.

Hi, after having already spent over £1000 pounds I`m prepared to spend a bit more on court fees, but hopefully he will acknowledge that he should have carried out the work to a reasonable standard in the first place and do the decent thing. A few people have seen the bathroom over Christmas and remarked that you just wouldn`t put your name to a job like that. The quality of the tiling is shocking. I`ve dug my level out and the walls are good in all honesty, making you wonder just how he has managed to get lips everywhere, and some of these lips are really bad. I think that an enthusiastic housewife armed with a copy of readers digest manual would have made a better job! At a glance from the top of the stairs, it looks ok and you see the 'newness' of it all, but once you are up close all of the faults jump out at you.
We`ve learned a lesson from this, the hard way, but I`ll do my best to ensure that other people are not left in our situation, and I`ve given him a fair and honest review on some sites. I don`t think that he should be allowed to even advertise as a plumber/bathroom fitter. It`s not fair on the genuine tradesmen who do a good job taking care and pride in their work. Thanks once again people for your comments and opinions!

oh well" having spent endless hours trying to save you money explaining my private situation to save you ive learnt a valuable lesson to about posting

ps,you wont stop this bloke working,have ye not watched cowboy builders

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Henno82, thanks for pointing that out to me. It was potentially misleading and an unfair assumption so I`ve edited it. Thanks.

Hi Metaldust9, I understand and appreciate what you are saying but I`m in a catch22 situation. I can either write it off as a complete loss and pay again, or spend a bit more in the hope of recouping at least a portion of the money I`ve spent. Either way will cost me, but if there`s a possibility of recovering money then I feel that I should at least try.

it can sometimes be very awkward to drill a basin, and then to get it level! i do it because its quicker and easier and you dont always get a good fixing anyway, i bet half the basins that are screwed are actually held on by the silicone anyway!
the rest is a bodge though

Cheers Metaldust9. According to Royal mail track and trace, he has not yet received the recorded delivery formal letter that`s been sent so I don`t know how he intends to proceed yet. Hopefully, he will be fair and reasonable and make an effort to rectify things.

regarding the siliconing of basins to the wall, we have all had to do it on a couple of occaisions i'm sure!
i always drill holes and try and get a proper fixing but sometimes if the wall crumbles i can only get one to bite so i will use silicone in addition to the one good fixing.

as someone mentioned above, silicone alone can provide a pretty decent fixing however after looking at the pictures of this particular installation the basin does not sit on the ped flush, rather it is fitted at a bad angle, so i would be concerned about any force from say leaning on it may lever the seal from the wall and/or crack the ped.

my advice would be to correct this asap.

KJ

yes i cant view pics either however today ive been to a house where the romanian plumber has put the wast into the rainwater drain and the hot tap was conected to the heating pipework

Hi, hopefully, things are due to be resolved. I`ve had to confront him with pictures of the work and stress my intent to pursue the matter in court but I now have it in writing that he is going to accept liability for the work, and he is sending another plumber to rectify the work on 24th January. I`ve stressed what needs doing, and hopefully things will be put right. I think that being confronted with pictures has made him realise that there`s no excuse for that standard of work. I will post on the outcome of this next week. Phil.

Hi Phil

I would realy love to have a look at this work, but the site wont allow me access.Can you let me know how I can get on
Regards

Plumbob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Your opinions please? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock