Discuss Would you give a CP12 to this boiler? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a nice Sunday evening poll ...

I had a new Worcester combi installed in a rental property. It wasn't the easiest job due to the location so I got a (reputable!) builder to make the area good.

You can't argue they did a nice job (see photo) ... but I expected them to leave the minimum 5mm around the edges as per standard installation instructions. Instead, they filled this gap with caulk so there's no gap top/left/right.

There's plenty of ventilation as it's a huge void behind. The front fascia panel drops down fine and there are inspection ports for the flue below and above. Removing the outer case is possible but it will need to recaulked each time.

My worry is the annual CP12.

Question - Would you give a CP12 assuming there are no boiler issues? Or should I get the builders back to alter it to give better access?

Thanks in advance!

beforesmall.jpg

aftersmall.jpg

:D nope how you supposed to repair the boiler if you cant remove the case and get at the ports

You have to cut and re-caulk it each time the front comes off?

Sorry to say no chance Matt that will all have to come out no GSI will certificate the boiler like that needs these clearences bud . cheers kop

Screenshot_2018-03-25-21-28-11.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Would you give a CP12 to this boiler? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock