Discuss Would you charge? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

spikewt

Gas Engineer
If you fitted a bathroom suit 10 months ago, a wickes budget suit bought by the customer, and the tap inner became stuck closed, would you charge to repair it?

did you supply the material? No
who purchased it? The customer!
is it your responsibility to guarantee a material that you did not source? Nopeee

charge!

Yep! That goes also for stuff I bought that the custard insisted on against my wishes.

Currently dealing with the second faulty Drayton MiTime programmer at the same house. I told customer they were brand new on the market, unproven reliability. He wanted that and no other. He's paying for my time spent in sorting it out.

If they were good customers and they paid for anything needed to repair it and it didn't take long I would do it for nothing.

I know most wouldn't do it for nothing. Hopefully they would then pass on my name to others as word of mouth is my main way of building up customers.

Thanks all for that. The customer got into quite a heated argument at me when I said £20. I tried to explain that he bought the gear, so its not my fault the tap broke but then his misses piped up so I gave in and left. Lesson learnt. I'll book in for my MUG tattoo tomorrow.

Thanks all for that. The customer got into quite a heated argument at me when I said £20. I tried to explain that he bought the gear, so its not my fault the tap broke but then his misses piped up so I gave in and left. Lesson learnt. I'll book in for my MUG tattoo tomorrow.

£20 was too cheap! Should've charged double that!

If they were half decent people they would of paid you and appreciated that you shouldn't have to go out your way to repair THEIR cheap bathroom for free.
Some people make me sick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Would you charge? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back