Discuss Worcester junior 24i (non condensing) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gas Lady Mids

Hi all

Gas Lady here..
I have been trying to sort this boiler.. There is a strong spark between electrodes, Gas on inlet of gas valve... but this boiler would not establish a flame until today.. Me and another gsr engineer have been looking at this boiler, new gas valve and pcb as per mi fault finding guide. yesterday it would not even establish a flame, i checked all connections to the new pcb today, put the boiler back together, made a demand for hot water and the boiler did fire up.. I checked that it worked with central heating too and it worked.. put cover back on left it for ten mins and the boiler went out AGAIN!!! Keeps trying to ignite and going in to lock out... If any of this makes sense to anyone have you got any suggestions of what it might be?

Thank u
x

Have you checked the flue. If it works fine with the cover of flue could be faulty. I used to hate doing the vertical flue on these I'm sure the inner flue was just siliconed together. And the outer flue screwed together.

Have you checked the flue. If it works fine with the cover of flue could be faulty. I used to hate doing the vertical flue on these I'm sure the inner flue was just siliconed together. And the outer flue screwed together.
No I havent but will do, thanks

checked aps this morning.. it is working fine. I will certainly let u know the outcome.. 'If we ever get there!!!!

checked aps this morning.. it is working fine. I will certainly let u know the outcome.. 'If we ever get there!!!!
dont assume a aps is working fine,they can stick they are the biggest causes of boiler break downs rule out the venturies by cleaning them,check the tubing and inspect the flue if they all check out replace the aps

dont assume a aps is working fine,they can stick they are the biggest causes of boiler break downs rule out the venturies by cleaning them,check the tubing and inspect the flue if they all check out replace the aps
Oh right, ok. Will do.. Thank u gas man:17:

well done , some one was here about week ago with the same boiler with the same fault .low water switch must be getting common fault on the old 24

well done , some one was here about week ago with the same boiler with the same fault .low water switch must be getting common fault on the old 24
it cant cause this fault though stan,read what the OP posted in post *1,it would light and run with the combustion door off if the low water pressure switch had failed it would not run at all and it should have taken seconds to prove the lwp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester junior 24i (non condensing) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock