Currently reading:
Worcester DHW Flow Turbine

Discuss Worcester DHW Flow Turbine in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaydebruyne

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
This is just a flow sensor, right? It detects flow and activates boiler startup & diverter valve...

Yes but if it isn't working (spinning when hot water tap is opened) the boiler won't neccesarily go to fault

Whats the problem, have had plenty (and Vaillants) with veins missing on the impellers and not spinning

Whats the problem, have had plenty (and Vaillants) with veins missing on the impellers and not spinning

There isn't one.. I'ts been on and of my mind for a few months and google don't say much on the topic.

Veins?

Fins, similar to a propellers blades
A propeller moves water, therefore moving the vessel (boat) and the "propeller/impeller" in the flow turbine gets moved by the cold water entering the boiler when a hot tap is turned on, in turn telling the boiler to fire
That's in simple buggars terms (mine lol)

Fins, similar to a propellers blades
A propeller moves water, therefore moving the vessel (boat) and the "propeller/impeller" in the flow turbine gets moved by the cold water entering the boiler when a hot tap is turned on, in turn telling the boiler to fire
That's in simple buggars terms (mine lol)

Gotcha! Cheers mate

I've always found them very reliable however the adaptor which sites behind the turbine isn't so on the junior/i range. Change lots of these as they are prone to disintegrating

Before I get jumped on
My analogy is not technically correct about the propeller, but it gets the point across

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester DHW Flow Turbine in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back