Currently reading:
where to buy iron fittings for gas???

Discuss where to buy iron fittings for gas??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

mutley racers

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi chaps, just wondering where to buy the above? For gas it is black malleable iron yes? I know bes sells some fittings but not pipe. So where do I buy the pipe from?

Cheers fellers

No, re read the post. We ended up taking a branch off a 28mm supply from kitchen which had a stopcock. So no need to purge. Just put a test point after stopcock and carry on from there.

Sorry if my post is unclear

No, re read the post. We ended up taking a branch off a 28mm supply from kitchen which had a stopcock. So no need to purge. Just put a test point after stopcock and carry on from there.

Sorry if my post is unclear

My appologies. I read it as that's where you put your purge on

Strictly speaking HP wasn't a muggle but I love the term for non gsr's!

That make trainees mudbloods?

Wild card here, does any one know how to create new thread on tap talk?

Purge the gas out. Inject air or nitrogen

Then presumably tap a thread into the hole and install a nipple/purge point?

No. Just offer a pipe up. Get as best seal as possible with a rag or damp towel. And blow it out

Tapping the hole will create heat and there is still gas in the area your working in. Blowing it out ASAP is much safer

Bit confused here ,

right you drill a hole out,put a rag to it and blast through with air to get a compressor ,

then i presume tap a thread in after purging to seal the hole you have drilled???

Bit confused here ,

right you drill a hole out,put a rag to it and blast through with air to get a compressor ,

then i presume tap a thread in after purging to seal the hole you have drilled???

No. Usually have a 1/2" socket welded on. It provides a purge point for future use and a point to carry out tests

We buy £1000's worth of malleable iron pipework and fittings,Mapress,Xpress,welded fittings every commercial pipe fitting going only place to use is BSS Branches in All major towns, stock everything you could ever need or delivered next day at latest. service and price best you will get if you buy decentamounts, tho cant expect any merchant to jump over backwards for a small sale like a elbow or union can you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to where to buy iron fittings for gas??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock