Discuss When Customer Says You're Too Expensive in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mrs Tara Plumbi

This is what we say:
"We're booked up with work for months so we are not too expensive, we may be out of your budget.
You say you had another quote and it is significantly cheaper.
Have you thought perhaps the other quote is too cheap?
Why not phone them and ask them how come they are so cheap."

Recently we had such a call.
We didn't drop the price at al.
And we did get the job!

Problem with London is running cost hit the roof. I keep thinking of chasing more work in town but by the time I leave at the crack of dawn pay the extra fuel congestion charge and parking. Then sit in 2 hours of traffic to get home any extra that I could charge is already gone. I find I earn the same money in kent as I would in London

It depends on what the job is.

If you want it - negotiate, if not fob it off.

You can generally tell if a customer is genuine with the figures they have in the first 2 minutes of a phonecall, and you should know whether or not these figures are achievable from your quotation.

What sort of day rate are you chaps in London getting ? Not that I'm after work there, just curious.
I'm in the sleepy South West & like the laid back attitude to work here.

Stan do u do quotes or does some one give you the work? Have you advertised?

no I work for my self , dont have a boss and only work with customers direct no builders involve . Yes I plan and organise installs acording to plans along with other trades but only with customers , no estate agents , no landlords , no idiots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to When Customer Says You're Too Expensive in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back