Search the forum,

Discuss What type of radiator is this? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,

I'm looking to add some radiators into my property and ideally looking to match the style of the existing ones. I cannot seem to find anything online to match. I assume this style of radiator is no longer manufactured, but I might be able to pick one up second hand.

Can anyone help me identify the style of radiator, or possibly even the manufacturer?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Radiator 1.jpg
    Radiator 1.jpg
    203.3 KB · Views: 22
  • Radiator 2.jpg
    Radiator 2.jpg
    287.1 KB · Views: 20
Potterton top rad
Not been available for probably 40 years. Had some fairly micky mouse short brackets!
Will be imperial sized.
Thanks for the reply. A google of 'Potterton top rad' doesn't bring anything up?

I wasn't expecting 40 years old! Hoping I can find something second hand somewhere.

Unfortunately they are ancient certainly about in early 70s used to fit them with myson 'matchmate' valves .
Standard boiler of time was vulcan continental!

I’m surprised there not leaking by now time for a change

Yeah appreciate they might be old. But if I can find the correct name/type/style then I might be able to find something online somewhere. Its finding out what they are is the tricky part right now.
Why would they leak? Unless there is a crack on the rad itself, then they should be fine when new valves are added. Have blasted and inspected a number of them and so far all good

Reply to What type of radiator is this? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock