Discuss What to learn for gas in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

on31ll

As some of you may know im taking the plunge in gas reading everything and anything gas related ! But you know when you feel like you have to much stuff ? Ive printed off all of the viper manuals when i hijacked an office on nightahift last week. Question where would you gas guys say focus on ? Whats needed whats not type of thing ?

Also did a little test paper off viper and it was asking for the likes of bs numbers etc do you guys know all of these ?

Cheers lads !

(I emptied some poor chaps office of printer ink and paper printing this)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 49
Learn regulation 26.9 and be able to repeat it off by heart

where a person performs work on a gas appliance he shall immediately thereafter examine

the effectiveness of any flue
the supply of combustion air
its operating pressure or heat input or where necessary,both
its operation so as to ensure its safe functioning

That will cover your butt when it comes to appliences

Maybe wait till they finish revising the acops and get the acop version?

or does that come with it?

got my gas regs with my g88 gas book

No idea, haven't done gas in years so haven't really kept up to date with it all. If and when I decide to train again that's when I'll throw my full weight behind it by getting the latest versions of everything. Just one or two changes could completely throw you.

Thanks lads ! Just seems there so much you can learn but its finding out whats needed is the hard part !

Honestly, don't read too much. The training they give you will be plentiful, most of it won't make much sense to you at the moment anyway, so relax, you'll be fine. The only gas knowledge I had before going in for my ACS was how to do a tightness test and a few pipework regs. You'll have a period between initial training and your exams to build a portfolio, use this time to read up on material.

Honestly, don't read too much. The training they give you will be plentiful, most of it won't make much sense to you at the moment anyway, so relax, you'll be fine. The only gas knowledge I had before going in for my ACS was how to do a tightness test and a few pipework regs. You'll have a period between initial training and your exams to build a portfolio, use this time to read up on material.

I think you're right there, probably best to not get ahead of yourself and just go with the flow when you start training. Your tutor will tell you what you need to be reading.

Just wanna be fully prepared ! As the training is only a couple of days ! Cant see that being enougj really !

I think you'll be better of waiting till your at the course I'd say 60% of what your reading you may not need . IMHOIMHO

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure if its good or bad how easily accessable this sort of info is

I see your point but if it was harder they would make you pay for it ! And the cowboys dont use them now when there free sp why would they use them when you have to pay etc ! Just makes it harder for you lads in gas trade and the likes of me trying to get into it !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What to learn for gas in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock