Discuss What can I do????? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Poynton Phil

14 Months ago we had a plumber fit new c/heating, and our new gas cooker, after we paid him ha came back and said we were £100 short and he wont give us the safety certificate until we pay him, I know the payment was right because the bank counted it, the missis counted it, and then I counted it, but anyway we paid the extra, but 14 months later we still haven't got the certificate. He said he would get it to us, but now he wont answer any phone calls or txt messages. What would be the best way of getting this certificate off him. He is on gas safe, could I put a complaint in to them, and could they help us. Any advice will be appreciated.

You can notify the work yourself to the local authority building control. They will charge for it, but will come and inspect and sign off if it's up to standard. That's your certificate. If it's not up to standard then you have him by the goolies as you can report it to Gas Safe.

hi phil welcome to the forums there are 3 certificates you need 1,a gas safety certificate this is mandatory that your installer issues this 2,total nonsense IMHO but you also
need to inform building control your installer can do this via the gas safe website,3 a completed benchmark logbook

As 'Gasman' has mentioned it is essential you have the 3 certificates.They would also be needed if you sold your property.You seem to have made every effort to contact the installer but I think it would be worth sending a letter in which I would also mention your dissatisfaction with his business methods re-the payment.I would say that you intend to contact trading standards and that you will be sending a copy of the letter to Gas Safe.I have no idea how they deal with complaints but being Gas Safe is his living and it might make him take the matter seriously.

Send him a recorded delivery letter reminding him that you have asked for these certificates a number of times.

Tell him that if you don't get the necessary documents within 28 days, and so have to incur additional costs to register the work, you will recover those cost from him in the County Court (you can register a small CC claim on line, and it won't cost you much). Also mention that if he doesn't provide the documents within the given time you will send details of the transaction to HMRC. Cash payments are fine, it's the responsibility of the trader to keep accurate records for HMRC. It might be that he is trying to avoid creating any paper-trail of this job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What can I do????? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock