Discuss What a carp Sunday in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roger Welton

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Fitted boiler, cust insisted on a worcester (they're the witch boiler of the year don't you know, and the interweb says they're ace) but of a DIY disaster really, unvented on y plan, alpha heat only, pump not switched from boiler, cust had fitted a Grundfoss 25/120 'to make heating work' found a t on the gas line cut off ad capped by branch being filled with silicone.

Popped into a breakdown on the way home 40 year old harcol 430, fuel pump gone, had recommended replacement last year. Fortunately had a danfoss rsa pump in the garage, trip home and back out to replace. Cust says he'll have a new boiler in the spring, yeah right. Made up for with a £50 tip though :) just home now, and breathe.

I guess that today's labour has covered your next six week holiday in the Maldives for you and the family then. Lol

I'm typing this from my yacht of the cost of st tropez as we speak, the private jet flight down here was a real drag though.

If you're gutted about missing a Sunday, take a day off in the week, and enjoy that smug feeling that comes with knowing everyone else is at work!

If you're gutted about missing a Sunday, take a day off in the week, and enjoy that smug feeling that comes with knowing everyone else is at work!

My favourite. Family day when everywhere is quiet.

Become a merchant. We get that smug feeling every day.

I particularly like it on cold wet winter days when I see a customer with a roll of MPDE. That really makes my office feel snug and cosy. :)

Too true mate. Going to do one myself this week (I hope) as I worked a long day yesterday, in a cold boiler room, 10 hours, straight, not even a cup of tea passed my lips, and by the time I finished it was pitch black.

The lad I have working for me has worked out we have done a months worth of hours in the last month. I can't confirm or deny as I've been doing those hours for the last few months, and am knackered. Finally I'm seeing some light at the end of the tunnel, so I'm hoping to take a day off during the week to chill out.

I'd love a day off, was looking back through my diary and the last full day off I had was august 11th

Christmas Day is a week day this year, I'm certainly not planning on working then

I'd work on Christmas day if the money was right. I love it. I seem to be in full graft mode at the moment.

My wife on the other hand......she's had enough of being a single parent/plumbing widow.

I havent had a proper day off in almost 2 months now, it's getting me bloody down. I WILL have one in the week.

I havent had a proper day off in almost 2 months now, it's getting me bloody down. I WILL have one in the week.

:nopity:in the diary, dont write anything in Sat or Sun pages, works for me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What a carp Sunday in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock