Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Vertical flues in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad_stoke

Gas Engineer
Hi guys.
Quick Question (maybe not)...
Scenario.
If a Boiler was in a kitchen single storey and vertical flue goes up in loft space with flue clip just above boiler. Then the extension piece (about 30cm) is in the small roof space terminating through roof. If there is no flue clip on the small piece in roof space ...

Would you need another flue clip in roof space? What would you class that as? .. Can't see nothing in tech bulletin.... Loft space extension less than a meter....

Any experienced guys that can help?

If there is 300mm or less in the loft and no direction change I.e just a straight run out the roof and the flue is generally solid then I was always told not to bother with a bracket.

Whilst we're on vertical flues. Went to a Worcester greenstar 25i today. Flue goes into loft with two 45' elbows then up through roof. It was supported just below the first 45 and again on the diagonal but not on the vertical section to terminal. No definitive answers in MIs. Is this an issue I didn't think so?

If you call the Manufacturers and ask them they will say you need clips on every Direction....

As lame mentioned....is there any movement?

Whilst we're on vertical flues. Went to a Worcester greenstar 25i today. Flue goes into loft with two 45' elbows then up through roof. It was supported just below the first 45 and again on the diagonal but not on the vertical section to terminal. No definitive answers in MIs. Is this an issue I didn't think so?
Worcester state flue joint collars must be screwed to add stability. And as a guidance should be supported every 1m or change of direction.

It is really a case by case basis.
Is there any movement? does it look sturdy enough?
If someone in loft was to bump the flue slightly when up getting xmas tree will the flue move?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vertical flues in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock