Currently reading:
Van Insurance

Discuss Van Insurance in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

cr0ft

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi all. It's coming round to that time where I'm having to shell out for van insurance again. Does anyone have details of any good insurers that have helped them get a good price recently?

Many thanks in advance.

i played 2 companies against each other, when i first done the compare website it was ridiculously high, phoned corgi asked for a price they gave me a reasonable price, then phoned up my current insurer and said i'm leaving to go to corgi and they beat corgi's price, wish mine was £240 though try £1800

I'm being quoted £650 on the comparison websites for around 5,000 miles a year in my 09 plate VW Crafter MWB. I just grudge giving money to these companies, never ever claim. When I think how much I've paid out in the last 12 years of driving it's scary really.

give corgi a try they beat my comparison quotes

i hate insurance companies, my phone insurance has knocked me back as i didnt claim within 48 hours !

Confused and some other so called Comparison sites are actually owned by larger organisations, they use different trade names so you think they are comparing when they arent always!

Check your mileage. Phoned recently about insuring a car (small car for our twin boys 17 yr olds) and for every 1,000 miles they were adding another £78 or so.

07 Transit 2.4 litre swb for 49 year old £213 from Aviva.

Or, as we say in the trade, phone around for other quotes. Cheap doesn't always mean good - buy cheap, pay twice. Make sure they're insured and are reliable ...
:bow:

Got mine for my vivaro lwb 58 plate for £435, fully comp, 20000 miles a year and carrying hazardous gases.Even had three points for speeding on that. That was with dial direct.

Try Adrian flux (google it) £100 cheaper than anyone else, I drive a Toyota hiace as recommended by the Taliban.

i hear a few tricks like the comparison sites, dont put plumber put boiler man, that knocks the price down a bit.
also, be vague about the value of the van ie, if it cost you 6500 put 5999 instead as it dont matter what you put as they will only pay you out the value in their books which may only be £4999, this you can argue after the event if it should ever arise.

went and compared, churchill was the cheapest online and the only ones to call me up 3 days later. they actually knocked of an extra £75 off from the best online quote from their own company!.

Last edited by a moderator:
Try corgi direct thats who i have my van and liability insurance with. I spoke to a lady called cheryl she was very helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Van Insurance in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back