Currently reading:
Uponor Q+E

Discuss Uponor Q+E in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chalked

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi all
just finished first property using this product. So I thought I'd give my views on it.

New house build with 4 bathrooms, underfloor on the ground floor and rads on the first and second. Pressurised hot water etc.
fittings go together quite easily, especially 16mm. You have to get used to putting them together very quickly as the shrink action starts straight away.
The pipe is easy to cable through but is a bit less flexible than hep2o. As you expand the pipe and shrink collar, the internal size of the pipe and fitting are the same size so less flow restriction.
Cost per fitting comparable to poypipe etc but let's itself down a bit when you have to adapt to copper.
Pressure tested the whole house at 9 bar with no probs,

overall impressed and will continue to use on new build. (Out of sight mind you) copper on surface.

Can anyone recommend pipe sizing for a property refurbishment, 15mm incoming mains with combi boiler. Can I use 16mm pipe everywhere on the hot and cold water or will I need some 20mm pipe as a distribution network (I'm using 25mm on the flow/return)???????
Thanks

I find the 16mm equivilent to 10mm by the time you get fittings/adapters on. 20mm to about 15mm and 25mm to 22mm.
May be more or less depending on frictional resistance but better safe than sorry for me.

I just use 16mm and 25mm. Never used 20mm. Done lots the way you've said and it works
brilliantly. I allways fit flow regs before taps to keep flow down.

any update guys, got a few new build to price and im not using push fit and copper will send the price over (wont get the work)

I re-piped a job recently where this stuff was thrown in that bad it was enough to put me of it for life. I think you shaun identified me a connector

Hi Shaun
I use it on every new build. In fact just picked up 600m and fittings for a new build starting on Monday.
I still as yet have had not one problem with it. ( make sure you use the brass backplanes)

thnx guys but least its the devil you know

chalked how do you do rads?

full

thats the only part i cant get my head round

I re-piped a job recently where this stuff was thrown in that bad it was enough to put me of it for life. I think you shaun identified me a connector

wasnt that mclp? (crimped) cant remember tbh

but that can be the same with any install even copper :D

full

thats the only part i cant get my head round

hmmmmmmmmmm think someones playing around

Timloc_Rad_Barrier_In_App_Behind_Radiator.jpg

Anything above floor in copper. They do adaptors in male and female. For towel rails I use chrome bend Fittings.

So you have like a female iron in the wall (downstairs) as upstairs is easy :)

Im still using it and not had a problem. Ive used the chrome elbows upstairs for rads or sometimes copper. Done a lot of jobs with the blue terminal boxes and conduit in screed with there 1/2" copper tails up to rad.
Anyone used the Uponor points yet? I must have loads saved

Im still using it and not had a problem. Ive used the chrome elbows upstairs for rads or sometimes copper. Done a lot of jobs with the blue terminal boxes and conduit in screed with there 1/2" copper tails up to rad.
Anyone used the Uponor points yet? I must have loads saved

I have loads of points. Last Time ilooked, I had just enough for a crappy Stanley knife!
They are not worth saving.

What I mean by male and female adaptors is, q&e-15mm copper. You can get internal or external 15 mm solder connections, or fit a male into a compression fitting.

think i get you

drops down and poke out of wall using back box etc
then convert to copper via joint behind the rad
run the rest in copper?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Uponor Q+E in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock