Currently reading:
UPDATE PLEASE READ: How we now handle people asking about Gas

Discuss UPDATE PLEASE READ: How we now handle people asking about Gas in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/t...eople-who-shouldnt-be-messing-with-gas.96735/

When we refuse help for people when they shouldn't be getting it, please be polite about it, or just don't reply at all. :)

I want the forum booming again. And we're putting off people far too easily it seems, just be replying with insults and telling them go get somebody in who knows what they're doing etc. That's not good enough.

We'll have a directory soon, of Heating Engineers, Bathroom Fitters, Plumbers etc - So we'll be able to professionally respond with links to our directory and actually still help them out. Rather than just insulting them, so they don't even ask about their taps or whatever in the future.

Is that okay? Or am I being unreasonable?

I've quickly blocked their URL pmsl

We don't want direct people there eh ha

in a private part of the forum so not like the joe public can see us

Last edited:
in a private part of the forum so no like the joe public can see us
I love the fact you're willing to help the team sort this out. :)

Are you a Trusted Advisor?
Edit: just looked, no you're not by the looks of it.

Not sure what the terms are to get in TA here. But you should try and be one. There's a new thread I just posted in the arms. We want more people like you on the team. I'll have a word with the staff see what we're doing about that. I'm quite new here I'm sure you already know. But hopefully here to take the mundane tasks off of the staff so we can get things done quickly.

I love the fact you're willing to help the team sort this out. :)

Are you a Trusted Advisor?
Edit: just looked, no you're not by the looks of it.

Not sure what the terms are to get in TA here. But you should try and be one. There's a new thread I just posted in the arms. We want more people like you on the team. I'll have a word with the staff see what we're doing about that. I'm quite new here I'm sure you already know. But hopefully here to take the mundane tasks off of the staff so we can get things done quickly.

all most of us regulars ask, dont start telling the mods/ enforcing new rules without first going and asking/ giving them a heads up and what do they think about them

they make the forum the place it is

all most of us regulars ask, dont start telling the mods/ enforcing new rules without first going and asking/ giving them a heads up and what do they think about them

they make the forum the place it is
Don't you worry about what we do and don't do with the mods. It's above your pay grade lol

Back to the topic.

I was trying to compliment you FFS.

Don't you worry about what we do and don't do with the mods. It's above your pay grade lol

Back to the topic.

I was trying to compliment you FFS.

i know you were, but they make or break the they are a forum key and respected part of the forum

Not sure you want to stir that one up mate I'd wind your neck in if i were you.

Can't thank you enough for having passion for the place.

But you're going way off topic now. And also possibly contributing to a staff member talking about another staff member in an area that wouldn't look cool in the future.

I'm sure all the staff will back me up on this.

@BOD @croppie @APPlumbing @gas man @steveb @Plumbstar Tom

We have this sorted don't we lads.......?!

ok i'll back off

ok i'll back off
Thank you.

:)

I'm sure you respect the fact that we need to sort the forum out, and members chipping in just delays us doing that.

Thanks pal.

You've been waaaaay more professional and understanding than some I can tell you lol

Thank you.

:)

I'm sure you respect the fact that we need to sort the forum out, and members chipping in just delays us doing that.

Thanks pal.

You've been waaaaay more professional and understanding than some I can tell you lol

all i ask is show them the respect and give them a heads up and get criticism weather good or bad on anything that effect the forum

thats all

i have much love for all you guys, i just want to see it succeed leaps and bounds

shaun out

What makes you think I don't respect them, or the forum?

Do you not think what I'm doing is for the forum? And need staff to back me up on this?

Tell them to come chat in this thread with us for me mate. I'm struggling to.

What makes you think I don't respect them, or the forum?

Do you not think what I'm doing is for the forum? And need staff to back me up on this?

Tell them to come chat in this thread with us for me mate. I'm struggling to.

you do, i wasnt getting at that

sorry if ive caused any confusion

i just didnt like how the gas topic was handle

last reply (promise)

you do, i wasnt getting at that

sorry if ive caused any confusion

i just didnt like how the gas topic was handle

last reply (promise)
I don't mind you replying at all, and want you to, with the right stuff. But the managing of the forum and the mods (and who respects who) is and can only be your assumption. So that's not fair on me, us, them, or the forum.

So just don't do that, that's all I'm saying.

We roll this word respect around a lot, then go around clicking like on loads of posts and not actually contributing to the threads, that's disrespectful TO THE FORUM and the making of it, in my eyes.

Some mods have an issue with me saying 'wind you neck in'. Are you alright with that, it was a tongue-in-cheek way to say just leave it pal. What I wanted to say was way worse to be fair.

You're talking loosely about a forum a care a lot about. And without actual suggestions or proposals in your responses, it's not really warranted to just point out things and give your opinion etc.

Think before you speak and all that.

This is how close we are as a forum team.

I asked the lads to back me up and say we are chatting about this in our own staff forums. And 2 replied and didn't back me up, the rest liked their posts lol

Cliquey or what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to UPDATE PLEASE READ: How we now handle people asking about Gas in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock