Discuss Unvented qualification not visible on GSR? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

thereisawizza

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi all,

I may probably answer my own question here;

Sat UHW10 last year, on the Gas Safe Register site am only listed as vented cylinders? Do I need to inform GSR or is it even within their duristiction?

Many thanks guys, Rich.

Got nothing to do with them. They only lost your gas quals.

my tkt is on my gsr card

vented or unvented ?

also i was of the understanding its a wet qualification , further more you would have to pay for it to be added onto your card. i dont bother just wait till the following year then again i am from yorkshire

vented or unvented ?

also i was of the understanding its a wet qualification , further more you would have to pay for it to be added onto your card. i dont bother just wait till the following year then again i am from yorkshire

Have you ever had to show your card?

vented or unvented ?

my unvented and i am a yorkshire man too bod and i didnt pay to put it on there, dont know why its on there

thought BARNOLDSWICK , was lancashire , then again id say yorkshire too was up near you last week keighley

sadly its now in lancashire boo hoo, there is a campaign to get it back to yorkshire but i am yorkie throu and throu. were you working ? you should have sent me to job lol

i often think that , i say guys coming from halifax over to me then me going over there surley we should swap keep jobs down. unless you were the guy who went to this job. he cut the lead from the timmer to pcb then told customer they needed a new boiler.

They don't get sent the details of unvented so you need to let them know. If you ring up they'll ask for a copy of your unvented card, I scanned mine in and e-mailed it to them. If you want it on your card it'll cost you £12 for a new card. I haven't bothered yet as I'm taking some more categories and will apply for a new card when I've done them and they show on the site.

i had the same problem, what you do is email gas safe with a copy of your unvented certificate and send it via email, with a short message with your details, the check and then update your gsr ticket and if you want it on your card you gota pay for the new card or like you sed just wait till the end of the year, hope this helped.

Hi SimonJohns

Here's a serious question - why do you wait to be asked to show your card? You're registered, you pay your fees, it helps differentiate you from the cowboys and it explains your customer all of the many areas your qualified to work in. To me it feels like a really positive thing rather than a nuisance.

I'm not having a go and I'm asking seriously because we have been pushing the 'Show your card, don't wait to be asked' message since we took over but a lot of guys feel reluctant to do it and it would be good to understand why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Unvented qualification not visible on GSR? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back