Discuss Unsafe notices in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry ???
I was simply trying to be helpful , I think if you read your initial reply the attitudes yours ,,,,,

I'm one of the moderators on this forum with the responsibility to ensure the safety of ALL members, gsr, non gsr and the public alike. Had you begun with "I'm a gsr and this is what I've found....." you'd have received a whole other response.

Now I need you to increase your post count to 10+ then send a PM (Private Message) with your gsr details to either Gas man - View Profile: gas man - Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice | Plumbers Forums | A forum for plumbers advice in the UK or Redsaw - View Profile: REDSAW - Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice | Plumbers Forums | A forum for plumbers advice in the UK who will check you and then give you access to the gsr private forum.

Cheers ,,,, & I'm sorry that the format of my original post wasn't explicit enough . This is my first post on here as you know ,,,, & I think my trepidation was justified :teeth_smile:

The issue is as said before, is the flue supported, my gas inspector said Wb say the rubber grommet is fine but if there is too much movement, this is dangerous. If it is sealed from outside and there is very little movement then fine, otherwise it is ar/Id. I personally wouldn't care if company told me to ar a flue for missing screw, I would stick one in, no way I feel right turning off a boiler for 1 screw. My general rule of thumb is look for the immediately dangerous to turn off. Ar is usually a quick fix and NSC so down to customer

About BG was cost.... Sure HA could find more cost effective way to manage its estate?

I think they agree too . I might have mislead slightly . I said a local HA , its actually a national ( Best not to name ) but the project was local . I believe it was a national agreement made a couple of years ago to cover service / breakdown / void checks . I think next year when its up for renewal the preference is to go back to regional agreements with local companies .

BG have hundreds of properties on contract for HA's, they are just a gas contractor like the rest of us

Ridiculously expensive and red tape galore. Thought outsourcing was supposed to save money and improve service ?

wb and a few others may state the rubber is a good enough seal, but the also suggest the flue is sealed correctly from the inside using sand and cement or expanding foam.

unless the manufacturers state in writing it can be done then it must be sealed. I have attended 2 boilers this year, one a vokera boiler that had both been AR'd by the manufacturers engineer for mot being patched up outside with sand and cement.

as mentioned by others BG has several smaller companies like ph jones that do large HA and council service and main contracts. The reason why the are not rebranded as BG is because it would increase these companies overheads and running costs which would make competing for such work alot harder with the small profit margins.

Last edited:
I think its to do with centralised procurement teams in these large organisations . They try these things ( National agreements ) thinking it'll reduce work ( & staffing levels ) at local level . Costs a fortune to find out it doesn't work & then go back to how they did things originally.

( Oh & I'm only trying to get my post count up :speechless: )

wb and a few others may state the rubber is a good enough seal, but the also suggest the flue is sealed correctly from the inside using sand and cement or expanding foam.

unless the manufacturers state in writing it can be done then it must be sealed. I have attended 2 boilers this year, one a vokera boiler that had both been AR'd by the manufacturers engineer for mot being patched up outside with sand and cement.
My original post was an email I managed to obtain from WB for that exact reason

I'm a g8 believer in spam or repeat posts to bumper ur count!! ( think There is a league system? I'm in vax conference div 6 one up from bottom.)

wb have a techcial bulletin and a youtube video about this. no need to email them to ask.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Unsafe notices in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back