Currently reading:
Un-Vented Newbee

Discuss Un-Vented Newbee in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys

Held un-vented ticket for over 5 years, and never touched one, just done my re-test sat the full day! rather than 1/2 day refresher. I will be hopefully installing one for a mate soon so, any tips would be most welcome and suggestions of best brands would be helpful.

To put your mind at rest that I'm not a DIYer I have a C&G level 3 plumbing, NVQ 2 Domestic plumber Water Regs and registered with NAPIT (Competent Person Scheme) and will reg with BC.

May Thanks

Steve

I fit the cheap ones as they are expensive enough as it is.

Make sure there is enough pressure and flow to the property to supply the cylinder adequately

Santon premier plus followed by range tribune for me

If you like the Santon, have a look at the Main unvented.

Made in the same factory, by the same workers, from the same materials...

...but sold at a lower price.

I like the stelflow by rm cylinders. Decent enough stuff and the price is right, keeping the job profitable for me

Hi Ray

Well spotted, I am a full scope electricain as well, but only about 10% of my work is electrical eg electric showers, heating controls, spar baths etc.

Thanks for replying
Steve

I am biased as a stockist and sponsor, but have a look at RM Stelflow.

Although your user name looks suspiciously sparky-esque to me. :)

Thanks everybody

for taking the time to reply and your usful comments, hope I have explained re forum name T&Earth. I do electrical related to my plumbing work, hence I'm with NAPIT.

Once Again Thanks

Thanks everybody

for taking the time to reply and your usful comments, hope I have explained re forum name T&Earth. I do electrical related to my plumbing work, hence I'm with NAPIT.

Once Again Thanks

Sire, may we burn him?

[video=youtube;sglyFwTjfDU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sglyFwTjfDU[/video]

Oso hot water cylinders are good as they come basically pre-plumbed the composition valve with pressure reducer etc is fitted on to the top of the cylinder. Also the pressure relief and temperature relief are tee'd together and connected to a tun-dish.

Oso hot water cylinders are good as they come basically pre-plumbed the composition valve with pressure reducer etc is fitted on to the top of the cylinder. Also the pressure relief and temperature relief are tee'd together and connected to a tun-dish.

i could grow to like you!
James is talking about the oso super series
has a top cover and adjustable feet.

they have other equally good quality variants

Have a decent look at survey time, pressure and flow is the first consideration to see if it's suitable, then you are looking at location, re suitability of the weight in preferred location, then you need to look at D2 run, as you have just done the course again all the D2 requirements will be fresh in your mind

He's got a wart and turned me into a newt

It's a fair cop

Nowt wrong being a plumber who's a qualified sparks as well. but a sparks who's a qualified plumber................ It's just wrong! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Un-Vented Newbee in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back