Discuss TRV's & Room Stat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
think about it the roomstat controls an overall temperature ideally around 20, 22 so it may be fitted in hall you dont have trv in hall means radiator is not controllable i leave all rads apart from bathroom with trv,s that way you can turn trv down in hallway to aprox 22 then when hallway reaches temp stat stops calling for heat.
If you removed trv this room will reach temp quicker than rest and stop roomstat calling for heat i appreciate it is a balance that is hard to achieve but allways remember trv,s measure room temp not rad temp
derek
sorry but if you are doing this it is wrong and you are not following build regs L1 :)

so explain no trv no control stat reaches temp to quick rest of house is cold

Regulations are there to guide everyone... If we had no regulations we would be in France.

the french seem to get on a lot better than us still doesnt answer what happens because of no control on radiator stat reaches temp to quick what do you do put room stat up to 26 and burn more fuel

the french seem to get on a lot better than us still doesnt answer what happens because of no control on radiator stat reaches temp to quick what do you do put room stat up to 26 and burn more fuel
possibly on your installations, not mine :)

you dont seem to understand that your talking about the need to size rads correctly, trvs dont allow for speed of temp rise!

why would stat reach temp eh because you control temp in that room without a trv but you can control overall temp with roomstat so if no trv fitted room has full power of rad into room without control hence heat up to roomstat temp quicker but other room still not at temp

room stat traditionally put in halls as they were coldest part of house (draughty front doors etc) so when they reached temp rest of house was warm, modern controls now allow for you to have room stat in most used room, ie lounge for most people

why would stat reach temp eh because you control temp in that room without a trv but you can control overall temp with roomstat so if no trv fitted room has full power of rad into room without control hence heat up to roomstat temp quicker but other room still not at temp

have you had any training in heating and plumbing?

the other rooms will be at the temp of the trv they dont dictate temp just shut off when at temp and the room is controlled its controlled by the room stat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to TRV's & Room Stat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock