Discuss Towel rad in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lenny

Good evening,
A couple of years ago I did a bathroom install, I remember the towel rad that was already fitted was piped from above using the top connections of the rad. Is it possible to plumb a rad this way or may it have been a special kind of rad?

Len

It won't work. You would need a spreader tube to feed it to the bottom. If you can't do that you would need TBOE or BOE.

Learned from experience many years ago. It circulates around the top few rails. It can be made to work this way tho.
Knock a 10mm reducer into the rad valve tail and solder a length of 10mm onto it to suit the length of the rail. This will feed the flow to the bottom of the rail and allow the water to circulate properly.

Same deal as those twin pipe rad valves, they only work if theres an internal pipe that spits out the flow at the opposite end of the rad. Personally i cant see why anyone would want to pipe it up in this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Towel rad in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock