Discuss To Late? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
. Then if you are crazy enough to love it and give up alot of money, time and hygiene you will have a job that pays and job that you love.

OP: Brickies ARE apparently earning better rates, but They don't get paid much in the rain or freezing cold.

But, seriously, before paying £££££thousands to learn the trade, ask the course providers for references from guys who have actually paid and been through THEIR course.
Look at job adverts and see the rates being offered.

I agree with jts plumbing purely by his location, I used to live near Tavi myself and their is far too many plumbers around west devon I used to find it tough to get decent rates and make it pay. I now live in west cornwall and keep busy generally. the good thing here is I look after many propertys owned by londoners etc, makes me laugh when I tell them how much I want for a job they think I'm cheap compared to their local prices !!

IM 39. .. just finished my C&G level 2, starting the Level 3 next week, then I'm going to try and find a firm to take me on so i can do the NVQ'S aswell (All paid for myself) ... I don't think age should be a factor.Well, i hope not anyway. Ive been a painter for 15 years and totally fed up of it. Really enjoy plumbing so far. Good luck mate

Just had this conversation on another thread, over the years I have had a fair few apprentices and improvers landed on me and the older ones were normally better. Not so much in the standard of work as that can be taught, but in general outlook and work ethics.

Turning up at work regularly and on time, not missing college on a whim, not moody when given the menial/grubby jobs and just generally more willing. Perhaps it because they trained later in life so were hungrier to achieve. Some of the youngsters I have had were just awful, just wanted to earn the money without putting in the ground work and effort.

So to answer your question don't think that age should be an issue at all, if you can afford to re train.

IM 39. .. just finished my C&G level 2, starting the Level 3 next week, then I'm going to try and find a firm to take me on so i can do the NVQ'S aswell (All paid for myself) ... I don't think age should be a factor.Well, i hope not anyway. Ive been a painter for 15 years and totally fed up of it. Really enjoy plumbing so far. Good luck mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to To Late? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock