Discuss Tips On Unblocking Urinals in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm helping my brother run his pub whilst he's unwell. He has 3 urinals, and 2 are blocked and overflowing. This happened at the same time, so I'm thinking the blockage is in the main pipe between the 2 blocked ones and the one that's still OK.

Can anyone tell me the best way to deal with this? I have some tools with me. Should I use chemicals, or a mechanical method?

Any advice appreciated.

probably replacing the traps would resolve it short term.
the pipes are likely to be working at half capacity along a fair length, it is like cement,
not worth trying to clean, for the price of waste pipe,
if possible just repipe as suggested already in 2"

Even do the traps for the moment. Ask your brother if he's up to it how the gents toilets were in the past. Odds are ye might get away with just doing the traps. All the best

. Yes, couple of stiff ones needed I think - before and after.

as long as you don't take them in the toilet you may survive!!

Did a job once clearing a blocked urinals never again gagged so much my throat hurt, would rather do a filled to brim blocked drain any day.

I've made a promise to myself never go near a urinal again no matter how bad things get!

dont do what i did as an apprentice, poured down dambuster, it cleared the pub double quick.
made my eyes water, luckily everyone sat outside overlooking the beach so got away with it (just)
still didnt clear it though.

I have been to one today. Blocked solid. bloke doesn't want it remaking so I took the traps off stuck some rods down the main run , hammer and chiseled the trap drops and now it's blocked in the 2 90 bends into the floor. I have told him to shut the toilet for the night , stuck some MELT down it and hoping to go back to either an unblocked 90 or a melted one :)
If it's not worked i have told him to call out a drain company to sort it. It's by far the worst one i have ever done. I had that much Vicks on my face i looked like i was melting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Tips On Unblocking Urinals in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back