Currently reading:
the life of a gas engineer

Discuss the life of a gas engineer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Billy Bob Bob

the life of a gas engineer went to a job for bfm europe last week diagnosed faulty pcb on fire ,fits new pcb its faulty,has to go back today with yet another pcb,moves on to another bfm job also visited last week,faulty gas valve no van stock two sent to me,changes valve(not easy on a flavel richmond he sc)puts it all back together new gasvalve faulty elderly customer crying
installer sounded like a right cock and said he could light it but she could not,fits second gasvalve from van stock problem solved ,so 2 brand new parts both faulty,3 bloody hours swapping both gas valves though
moves on to job 3 service on a in warranty diamond he removes fire to check catchment space flue clearly blocked with a nest and builders opening is a right mess no pre formed chamber and holes communicating with the room ,fitted 2 years ago by a GSR advised to involve gas safe but ladys in her 90,s so does not want the stress there are some right cowboys out there who do not care about safety and should not be in ths trade winds me up about the lack of professionalism,job 4 really brightens up my day its a ****ed ferroli,job 5 is a solo another elderly one bitching because i did not have spares for it

the life of a gas engineer went to a job for bfm europe last week diagnosed faulty pcb on fire ,fits new pcb its faulty,has to go back today with yet another pcb,moves on to another bfm job also visited last week,faulty gas valve no van stock two sent to me,changes valve(not easy on a flavel richmond he sc)puts it all back together new gasvalve faulty elderly customer crying
installer sounded like a right cock and said he could light it but she could not,fits second gasvalve from van stock problem solved ,so 2 brand new parts both faulty,3 bloody hours swapping both gas valves though
moves on to job 3 service on a in warranty diamond he removes fire to check catchment space flue clearly blocked with a nest and builders opening is a right mess no pre formed chamber and holes communicating with the room ,fitted 2 years ago by a GSR advised to involve gas safe but ladys in her 90,s so does not want the stress there are some right cowboys out there who do not care about safety and should not be in ths trade winds me up about the lack of professionalism,job 4 really brightens up my day its a ****ed ferroli,job 5 is a solo another elderly one bitching because i did not have spares for it
Still on the bright side bank managers are still hated more than you !!! chin up tomorrow you could have a bad job 4 as well as all the others. :stuart:

My day might have been more productive; two visits, 165 miles and only one successful job.
Life wasn't like this 20 years ago!

Makes me laugh they think you've got a magic van full of every spare part ever made.

I just remind them PTS have a warehouse and they haven't got it in stock either so what chance do I have?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to the life of a gas engineer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back