Discuss Taking Card Payments - Cheap!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of interest why don't people go for straight bank transfers where possible instead of card machines?

Or do you already do that?

Or am i missing something?

I think this maybe on the increase as I`ve had 5 people ask to pay in this manner in the last 2 months.

We've only really ever taken bank transfers till last month armyash. This way the customer pays before we leave so we never have to worry about a bad debt again. We get on average one a year which would typically average at ÂŁ600/yr. That covers the card fees.

Also with two vans the lads don't need to worry about taking cash/cheques.

Also, how much work might you be missing out on by not accepting credit cards?

True.
Does that do card holder not present transactions.

Thats the one big+ with worldpay and also upto 5000 squid per transaction.

Ill have to look at it..

I have a worldpay terminal and it costs ÂŁ16 a month. The cost per transaction on debit cards are pennies. It is a few percent on credit cards which I would pass on to the customer. Therefore most customers opt to pay via cash or debit card.

True.
Does that do card holder not present transactions.

Thats the one big+ with worldpay and also upto 5000 squid per transaction.

Ill have to look at it..

Yes it does mate.

I have a worldpay terminal and it costs ÂŁ16 a month. The cost per transaction on debit cards are pennies. It is a few percent on credit cards which I would pass on to the customer. Therefore most customers opt to pay via cash or debit card.

This has also changed in the recent re-organisation.

Debit cards had always used to be a fixed price - usually somewhere between 12p and about 35p. They are also moving to a percentage basis, like credit cards, although a slightly lower rate.

It shouldn't affect you if you are in contract, unless the acquirer has something in their small print that allows them to change the basis of their charging.

Currently with worldpay zinc. They charge no rental but alot more @2.75% per transaction.
I just pass it on.
Often makes them produce the cash anyway when faced with a bigger bill lol

Anyone avoid the new paypal tho. All the problems associated with paypal and charge backs - disputes etc.

Wasn`t there something in the news recently about card payments and the fee`s that can be charged to you?

Yes basically retailers won't be allowed to charge a fee for card transactions. A real victory for consumers right? No - all retailers are going to do is put their prices up by 2-3% regardless of how you pay!!

• Informative
Reactions: rpm
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Taking Card Payments - Cheap!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Please excuse the long story! so, my central heating kept tripping the fuse in the consumer unit. I read that moisture in the boiler could be...
Replies
Views
My account is very active and sent me this, might be helpful to some? Self-employment Income Support Scheme If you are self-employed or a member...
Replies
Views
    • Funny
    • Love
Hi ladies and gents, Just thought I'd give you a laugh. As some of you are aware, I'm currently the owner of a newsagent's shop out in the...
Replies
Views
Dodgi custards beware!! Ha I wish!- Seriously tho' is there an update on the type of mobile card payment methods. I can't see much change to the...
Replies
Views
I need to start accepting credit card payments, been looking at the paypal handheld device but wanted to hear other peoples experiences any...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock