Discuss strap on boss in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

plumbingdazman

What size hole saw do i need to drill a hole for a toolstation strap on boss into a 110mm soil pipe please many thanks Darren

Measure the lip on the back of the boss that goes into the stack if you have it at hand.

Most will have the hole size marked on them if you look carefully. Make sure you mount it the right way up too. "Top" will be marked on it too.

Use a try square against the wall to make sure you get the hole in the right place.

Thankyou WHPES i did not realise there was a top and bottom to them i will look for that and measure the lips on the strap on boss. my hole saw set goes from 44mm to 51mm then 54mm i think so i guess it will be one of the 50mm hole saws.

also i have a shower trap that is a chrome dome trap with 2 black rubber washers a plastic ring and an the part you can lift outy for cleaning but on the instructions to get the trap tight by tightening from the top it says to use a grab ring, but it never came with one and i dont have one so any ideas what i can use to tighten it up please.

40mm pipe needs 57mm hole saw. (That's the only one I know off hand.)

Grab ring - you could try plumbing merchant (unlikely) or perhaps one of the sheds (B&Q, Focus, etc)

The bosses are angled hence top and bottom. Make sure your rubber bung is pushed home into the boss when locating the pipe. There should be a lip on the inside of the rubber bung to stop it getting pushed too far onto the waste pipe and to keep it in place in the boss.

For some you can cut a bit of metal to fit across the centre and locate into the slots. I have done this in the past when stuck.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to strap on boss in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back