Currently reading:
Strange toilet overflow position

Discuss Strange toilet overflow position in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rybo_1

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Working away up north at the moment in what must be the oldest Travelodge going! Anyway, went to have a shower earlier and I was showering away when an overflow elbow poking out of the tile low in the corner caught my eye. Have never seen this done before, was it sometimes the way before the siphons which had an overflow level on and there was no direct route to outside?

I think it's done like that for 2 reasons, 1st is if it overflows it doesn't cause damage and 2nd if it overflows it provides a visible warning, think hotel with 200 W/C and overflows, one leaks but which one?

I thought you meant poking out a bulkhead onto the floor.:dunce:

Poking out into the shower tray! That was allowed as it was visible, would create a nuisance and could drain harmlessly.
You used to be able to get (maybe still can) fittings that connected to bath overflows where it would run out the overflow into the bath or tee it into the flushpipe or even an old rough one was flatten a bit 22mm and stick it under the gap on the toilet seat.
8" (country pattern) syphons were actually illegal up to the change in water regs as no one would bother fixing them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Strange toilet overflow position in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock