Currently reading:
Storage Tank Rubber Bung ?

Discuss Storage Tank Rubber Bung ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

Vezza91

Hi Guys i'm fairly new here.

I'm looking for a rubber bung i can use to block off a cold feed on a storage tank but i cant seem to find one anywhere, Just wondered if anybody new anywhere i can get one from. Or even what to ask for.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Vezza91

I met someone in the merchants who said they were a waste of money......he uses Rok wool rolled up!!

Suprisingly thats not the first time ive heard someone mention a carrott haha.

Rockwool is a headache waiting to happen ! Root veg all the way

An old blocked up silicone nozzle has worked for me before lol

Haha just to clarify...I don't endorse the use of itchy glass based products to create vacuums in heating systems.

Carrots and spuds from the custard . Pts don't sell them as cheap as that !

Get with the programme guys......Jet Swets, get them from PTS or Corgi Direct

What program is this? You use them for a completely different reason and you can make jetswets for about £3, it's only a bit of steel and a rubber blank.

What program is this? You use them for a completely different reason and you can make jetswets for about £3, it's only a bit of steel and a rubber blank.

With one of your 'made up' bungs, would you be confident enough to use it to hold up mains pressure, leave site to go and pick up a valve or materials and return to site knowing that the house hasn't been flooded ????

With one of your 'made up' bungs, would you be confident enough to use it to hold up mains pressure, leave site to go and pick up a valve or materials and return to site knowing that the house hasn't been flooded ????

me I'd just turn off the mains before leaving, not that I'd have to having got all my bits before I start work :)

:smilewinkgrin: That's why my jobs always over run then !!

On a serious note though, i've used my jets swets quite a few times and they are a real 'confidence' tool.......once it's in, it's in.

Yeah no probs !! Tee hee!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Storage Tank Rubber Bung ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock