Discuss Stainless Steel Hosing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

Veggie Dave

I always find it strange when plumbers say stainless steel braided flexi pipe looks amateurish.

Technically it may be inferior to copper but the simple truth is copper pipes are ugly.

You have a new bathroom, with shiny tiles, bright white grout, chrome heated towel rack, chromed shower, chromed trap under the sink, chrome basin and bath taps, the ugly soil pipe boxed in (in fact, you probably have everything that the toilet needs to function boxed in) ... and then you have two bits of copper pipe that are slowly changing colour, that stand out like a sore thumb and probably have at least four soldered elbows, too, because the fitter can't use a bender properly.

Well I, for one, know how to use a bender. Most of the taps I have fitted recently have had hoses with them and small-bore screw attachments.
Bath taps are another matter....

I've seen too many flexis burst to like them. If everything on show in a bathroom is in chrome I'd rather see chrome pipe than flexis.

Yeah, the existance of chrome pipe sort of negates this otherwise good argument.

No, the argument is that people saying the use of braided hosing is amateurish is complete rubbish. Of course, chrome pipe is another option (my preferred option) but that has nothing to do with the original premise. :tounge_smile:

i have to agree with you veggiedave, a nice s/s flexi looks good compared to a bit of copper. but not with the plastic ends or built in plastic iso :)

A flexi says to me that the fitter was a diyer or else couldn't be bothered doing a nice copper bend.

Flexis have their place.

For eg
5ad11952-872f-fd85.jpg

Well I don't claim to be the most experienced but I was told that flexi's can burst, although I haven't seen that, and also that they restrict flow so always use copper when you can, and use the bender. I thought that's why it looks amateurish when you see lots of them, not necessarily because they were ugly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Stainless Steel Hosing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock