Currently reading:
spark electrode leads

Discuss spark electrode leads in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
How easy is it to learn the electrical workings with boilers can you self teach through the MI'S and cock ups??

no you don.t try it mate, you wont get continuity
you have a broken lead then,you have just told me you cant check for continuity on a electrode lead????? the only resistance test you can do is insulation resistance but why bother a frayed lead would be obvious

Last edited by a moderator:
i went on the worcester course a while back and he said you have to test the resistance of the leads not continuity, value is from a booklet they give out

i have never checked resistance just continuity never had a faulty lead as apposed to a faulty board and got the fault wrong

i have never checked resistance just continuity never had a faulty lead as apposed to a faulty board and got the fault wrong
you would never ever get continuity on electrode leads on the worcester,your mistaken,strip the lead out and try and get continuity,you wont you will a resistance value of 21ohms thanks to mike gas

Last edited:
you would never ever get continuity on electrode leads on the worcester,your mistaken,

if your not getting continuity though wouldn't that mean your not going to get a resistance reading?

i will leave you gents work it out for yourselves i will carry on regardless its worked well for all the time i have been at it just dont confuse electrode lead resistance with electrode resistance and remember mi,s can have spelling mistakes and inaccuracys as well

i will leave you gents work it out for yourselves i will carry on regardless its worked well for all the time i have been at it just dont confuse electrode lead resistance with electrode resistance and remember mi,s can have spelling mistakes and inaccuracys as well

im wouldnt even bother to question you gas man im well aware you've forgot more than i know, just repeating what i was told on the course or what ive interpreted it, i took it to mean a continuity test alone is not enough to confirm its working, a resistance test is req, but if you dont get continuity then there would be no point testing for resistance that was my take on it

no probs mike,we live and learn as long as we get the fault right and know what we are testing thats all that matters every days a learning curve for everyone but experience helps,its when you get the fault wrong it hurts.......ouch my pocket LOL

I'm wondering what junior you are talking about here folks?

I'd expect 0ohms resistance on a piece of wire (electrode lead). However a lead with 21kohms has to have something inline or be a mile long I'd imagine :)

lol. All greenstar boilers

sit sigma gas valve solenoid 1 (bottom) 171- 190 ohms, solenoid 2 (top) 342-418 ohms

prettl gas valve both solonoids 140-190 ohms

electrode leads 2100 ohms

diverter valve motors type 1 136-204 ohms. type 2 192-288 ohms

dhw flow turbine 5dc between red and black. 2.5dc between red and yellow dhw flowing

would you say the electrode is a typo then?

Aha! The greenstat junior ... That makes a diff to the worcester junior ,,, :)

Interesting to find out what they've put inline that gives 2.1kohms resistance .... It can not be a piece of wire that's for sure!!!

lol. All greenstar boilers

sit sigma gas valve solenoid 1 (bottom) 171- 190 ohms, solenoid 2 (top) 342-418 ohms

prettl gas valve both solonoids 140-190 ohms

electrode leads 2100 ohms

diverter valve motors type 1 136-204 ohms. type 2 192-288 ohms

dhw flow turbine 5dc between red and black. 2.5dc between red and yellow dhw flowing

would you say the electrode is a typo then?
why when you have been told on a worcester course that you check for resistance not continuity on the electrode lead,are you now asing if it's typo error you got it right,i have done it on customers boiler and you do not get continuity on a pefectly working lead

I wasnt doubting that you have to do a resistance test I was doubting the value ive got

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to spark electrode leads in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock