Currently reading:
Sok it to me ********s!!

Discuss Sok it to me ********s!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kyle87

Lol

I'm trying to be a bit neater on my installs and am willing to see what you all say this time.

Here's something's I think you'll say so ill address them first

Why is?.......

Hot and cold so far apart
Who is hot below the cold
Why is hot leading into a 22mm pipe
Why is line beater crooked
Why is there a diff coloured compression on limbeater

So the answers are

A. To prevent cold being warmed by hot
B. So I didn't have to cross over
C. Customer didn't want to pay for us to put it all in 15mm to bathroom

D. Didn't realise it was to be honest. Seemed fine earlier.

E. Because the 22mm version is £15 in Travis clearance. Throw the 22-15 coupler in the box and use what you have.

suvyhaje.jpg

Lol

I'm trying to be a bit neater on my installs and am willing to see what you all say this time.

Why is?.......

So the answers are

E. Because the 22mm version is £15 in Travis clearance. Throw the 22-15 coupler in the box and use what you have.

suvyhaje.jpg

how long did it take you!

its easy to prevent the snotters when soldering end feed fittings on the bottom of a tee, elbow or socket

just heat the fitting up, when you see the flux running wipe the joint with a DRY rag, apply a bit more heat clean it again and do it one more time for luck, then just dab your solder on and you will get a perfect nice ring of solder around the bottom of the fitting, with no ugly snot runs down the pipe.

its easy to prevent the snotters when soldering end feed fittings on the bottom of a tee, elbow or socket

just heat the fitting up, when you see the flux running wipe the joint with a DRY rag, apply a bit more heat clean it again and do it one more time for luck, then just dab your solder on and you will get a perfect nice ring of solder around the bottom of the fitting, with no ugly snot runs down the pipe.

Also heat from the front and load the solder from the back then if you over load it slightly the bigger patch is at the back where it won't be seen, and if you heat from one side and load from the other you know the solder has went all the way round cause you will see it appearing at the front

You need a new heat mat.

You need to tidy your work area.

You need to stop spunking up the walls.

You need to rip that metal pipe stuff out & use plastic, much quicker.

Ahh I found it. I was looking for this pic to show you. Is this what you mean by use plastic. This is in the same house. These pipes feed the rad in conservatory
dyzupy6y.jpg

Other than rest of comments i would advise this:

- try use more bends (looks better, faster and less chance of leaks
- use a god damn spirit level! Your heating return is rising to the boiler slightly (it looks like it is in the picture!)

I would be lose with my torpedo spirit level, heat proof mat (always doubled over for added protection), dont use a wet rag after soldering (u want a dry to buff your fittings, creates a better silver look)

i wouldnt worry about your work some of the carp im seeing installed under eco your install would be award winning

aye fitted one other day and had to do the same was a reet pig trying to get it on the jig as well ,

quite like them tho appear to be quite steady

hung one yesterday and tbh was a bit of a git seem to have got a bit worse lately!.
always connect the pipe work after its all set on the wall then tighten them last.

just priced one the 10 year warranty seems to be a big plus for the custs ,

will baxi honour it tho?

good on you to post a piture and ask. My only comment is that a bit of planning and u could have had all that pipework running equidistant apart and parallel with no cross overs which would look the bees knees. get your clips up first and work back fm there. if u think it looks wrong then it is and 2 mins and u can get it looking ok ie the descaler, keep throwing them on the wall and it gets easier most of the time :)

More clips dude. If you had enough clips on the pipework, the verticals would have stayed straight, and the lime beater wouldn't have warped the olives and gone wonky.

A lot of cheap comp fittings are too slack on the female, so when you tighten up, the olive won't stay straight. Plumb we're selling some isolators a while back and regardless of how hard you tried, they would not stay straight. I complained and they don't sell that brand anymore, at least not in my branch.

l

Why is?.......

So the answers are

suvyhaje.jpg

Fair play for posting it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Sok it to me ********s!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock