Currently reading:
Soil Stack

Discuss Soil Stack in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

markadams

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi,

Not a job a do very often so just wondering what the general opinion is on how much and how long it will take to replace a cast stack on a three story house (2 x WC, 2 x Basic, 1 x bath) with a new plastic stack?

depends how easy the wc connections are. scaffolding possibly? 2 people 2 days?

Nobody on here has really got involved because
we cannot advise you -

Produce some pictures/drawings etc and who know
we could give some guidance centralheatking
Hi,

Not a job a do very often so just wondering what the general opinion is on how much and how long it will take to replace a cast stack on a three story house (2 x WC, 2 x Basic, 1 x bath) with a new plastic stack?

Fair point, CentralHeatKing I will download the photos I took on my phone to remind me of what connections were involved. I have often said the same to others so I should take my own advice.

Without seeing it would say 2 people a day, if ladder will reach that high but if the vent has got a big offset around fascia I would get scaffolding being that high as it's heavy and smashing that of would be dangerous and could pull you of ladder.

Ladder.............. 3 stories ..............1 day there go some pink pigs :) thought we offered advice here not dreams, 3 days, 1st to scaffold the others to do the work if your lucky and you can get the cast out the old wcs ok so could be longer to do safely and get the holes made up decently

Hi mark ,It is a real tricky one to price as it opens a can of worms especially if the 4" branches are recessed into the wall like some are , it really does depend how accessible it all is, ive done quite a few stacks where the centre connection of the branch to the WC is inside the wall and on opening the wall a bit you find lead (nightmare, where do you stop) defo a scaffoliding / tower and 2 guys for safe removal of the cast, If your pricing it then price on the safe side of 2 guys 2 days,

YouTube

Click the link to see the pictures.

The top WC comes three the wall to the WC, the bottom one is buried in a concrete floor.

The customer is happy to remake the wc connections to the old pipes on the outside.

Last edited:
YouTube

The top WC comes three the wall to the WC, the bottom one is buried in a concrete floor.

The customer is happy to remake the wc connections to the old pipes on the outside.

[video=youtube;IXHVa4rkGws]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXHVa4rkGws&feature=youtu.be[/video]

It's not working.

YouTube

allow a week to get that sorted then!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Soil Stack in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back