Currently reading:
Soil stack repair

Discuss Soil stack repair in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Farshster

Morning, my cast iron soil stack has corroded at the top, I have removed the damaged offset piece so I can attach a new plastic piece. I need to attach a new bracket to the wall but the brackets sold from Wickes etc leave a large gap from the pipe to the wall. Are there any specific fixings you can buy to get around this problem? if I use a normal masonry screw a large part of it will be visibly exposed. In addition to this a few of the original bolts that secure the cast iron socket brackets have corroded at the wall end. Is there a quick fix to re-secure these e.g. a masonry anchor bolt although again without the use of a wood plug the bolt would be exposed. I don't really want to replace the whole stack as the rest of the pipe is in good condition.

I use 3/4 tap washers:

1. They're black
2. They don't wiggle around on the screw.
3. They're EXACTLY the right size for the bracket so don't look odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Soil stack repair in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock