Discuss shower no pressure idea? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

REDSAW

a guy bought an electric shower fitted it to the wall and employed me to plumb it and wire it in.

this i duly did and low and behold 'low pressure' warning and the shower dribbles out cold.

its on the top floor of a 15 story block of flats there is a gravity supply tank on the roof which tbh i would of thought enough to run the shower.

i have informed him he will now require a shower boost, so any ideas recommendations on the low£ side as he is a bit peed of!!:smilewinkgrin:

Can you alter the feed to the shower to a mains feed by teeing into the cold water feed to the tank on the roof? It seems the easiest and least expensive option without seeing the inevitable problems with attempting to do this.

the mains feed is 15 stories up to the tank and runs in the locked services cabinets 30 feet down the lobby.
i dont think they will let me turn the mains off and i would not feel happy cutting into it as my pipe slices wont fit! thanks though.

mains feed need mains feed and sounds like your tank only a few feet up so not a workable option. pop it back in the box for a refund best advice.

spoke to the customer today and suggested that if i had supplied the shower it would have been a pumped type, he bought the shower a year ago and fitted it to the wall and there its been since :)

i told him unless he bought a more suitable shower and paid me again to re-route pipes and change electrics (definately cheesed off at this point) the only option was a salamander pump to pull the tank water to increase the pressure. it has good flow though,

what do you think?

Last edited by a moderator:
salamander pump not a cheap option, better to put in pumped shower and bung his on flea bay

Yeah you can boost it with a pump but theres a slight lag on them so it might show low pressure before the pump kicks in, what makes the shower red.?

well its £114 for a single impellar, chop the pipe and connect under bath. drill through wall and plug into hall way!.

i have a newish p/swr but i want £60 for that plus running hot feed, change electrics etc. that will be around £180 for 3 hours.

cant see why the salamander wont work can you? it will only take an hour to do.

ya could fit a mira advance low pressure electric shower like the guys say integral pump..might need to beef up the electrics though..

Last edited by a moderator:
well going to pick up a ct55 single1.6 bar in the morning so will see.

be glad to get this one off my back.lol

jobs a gud-un

salamander ct55 single skuflux £105 with my discount

15mins to fit, reasonably quiet good flow and kicks in immediately.

customer happy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to shower no pressure idea? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock