Discuss Should I buy a Multitool? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mark,

I'm not pro plumber, but multitool is absolutely awesome. I got one from aldi for 24.99 special and i just get better blades (they are interchangable).

Well now I have owned the Bosch Multi tool for about a week, I must say that it is great and I have used it a fair bit, it is great for cutting soil pipe (which used to be a pain), and many other carpentry type jobs.

Fantastic tool, never thought I would use it but I have been proved wrong.

Highly recommended.

I was going to insert one into the builder today, he was cutting 2" thick timbers in the floor structure while I was under it!!!!!!!! Very noisy!

Multi tool is the way forward, like when I'm struggling with rusty flatheads I wonder " how could anyone survive without a posi drive screwgun?" When chopping t and g boards out I wonder why are these new? I would recommend a cheap bosch corded and ebaur(?) blades!

i would avoid cutting through screws with any blade you value, ie a bosch or fein, nails are fine but screws are made of stronger stuff.

Recip or snorter for me on floors couldn't manage vibration or noise after today. Fine for really fiddley jobs but day to day use regular toys

Get a Fein, great for cutting the tongues between floorboards without fear of cutting anything underneath. Great for loads of other jobs too.

Got mine from Lidl. £30. Used and abused it. Will take most blades. At 1/6 the price of a Fein tool its worth a look at.

Oi Mark, Im disappointed you didnt follow my lead and aquire a green bosch one from a relative, it will be utterly useless of course, but will make me feel better about my own effort, I shall do my best to break your new one tomorrow ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Should I buy a Multitool? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock