Currently reading:
Shared supply - badly installed

Discuss Shared supply - badly installed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cappsie

Hi

I have a shared supply pipe in my flat. It supplies both my ground floor flat and the upstairs flat. It is not secured to the wall, but is rather suspended up from the floor and out from the wall. If I wish to do anything to the kitchen then I must move this pipe. What are my options?

The flats share a single, external stopcock, while I have an additional internal one. I don't believe I can turn off the external one as this is illegal (isn't it?). I would probably require permission, at least from the upper flat, if not the water company. Are plumbers allowed to alter/move these pipes?

Thoughts and suggestions welcome.

Thanks,
Adam.

Obviously liase with the occupants of the upstairs flat. Just incase there are any misunderstandings?

That's fine - so long as I don't need to inform the water company. Would you say it's worth informing the landlord as it is technically his water supply, or just the occupants?

That's fine - so long as I don't need to inform the water company. Would you say it's worth informing the landlord as it is technically his water supply, or just the occupants?

Deffinately. Its your landlords pipe, he may wish to have a say in your proposal.

You mentioned a plumber in your first post, but now you seem to be thinking of doing it yourself. Out of interest, which is it?

Also, I know that the people upstairs are tenants but what about your flat? Do you own or rent it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Shared supply - badly installed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back