Currently reading:
secondary return copper or speed fit

Discuss secondary return copper or speed fit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonnyswamp

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I think I know the answer but I'll ask all the same, has any of the manu's brought out something for sec rets recently?
Just about to start a farm house with 4 bath/shower rooms and cyls in the middle of building on top floor with all outlets fairly close (within 8 m) Now they want the cyls in leanto building (boiler house) off the one pine end, so now need a sec ret, was going to use plastic for first fix as there is a load of full width 10 x 12 oak beams with 25mm above and below them for pipe runs etc
Its going to be an absolute tw@ to run copper, I'm OK price wise as its a client (architect) alteration, just could do with not being there any longer than I originally allowed (other jobs etc)
So.......copper or plastic

No it wouldn't it would be at 10bar and 85c

Try engineering design or hazop & hazan for a start.

Unless i'm mistaken, these do not fall under the remit of our trade.

It reminds me of a friend of mine who was forced (by an engineer customer) to pressure test the entire system to 3 x the maximum working pressure of the system before fitting the new boiler.

At 7 bar the old radiators blew open and showered the elderly mother who was sat in the chair minding her own business with black sludge.

wouldn't be 85° in the pipework if the pumps not pushing round the circuit

Ok so there won't be any hot pipes coming off the cylinder made of plastic? No because the naughty hot water will stay on the inside of the cylinder and the good safe low pressure cold water outside. Because the pump is off.

Secondary return is right into ac and isn't supposed to be plastic for the reason that the halfwhits that use plastic all day cut corners and don't know enough to do job properly and the plastic ends up on cylinder. Also how exactly do u join copper to plastic under the floor and still meet building regs and the WRAS codes of practice ? You know in-accessible mechanical couplings on services? Especially those subject to high thermal variations and pump vibrations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to secondary return copper or speed fit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock