Currently reading:
scrap copper: what do you do with yours?

Discuss scrap copper: what do you do with yours? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

long-pass

my mate seems to think i would get a lot more money for my scrap copper if i removed all the brass fittings and olives and cut out all the solder joints and just had a pure copper pile.is this true? it seems like a lot of work (especially as it builds up) but is it worth doing? he even said to clean the paint off the pipes. is he pulling my leg? cheers in advance

Scrap values 2 days ago here were - per kilo, Lead £1.10, Brass £2.80, stripped copper wire £4.65, Copper £4.45, Brazery £4.30.
I guess the 15 pence difference between copper & brazery means it probably isn't worth separating clean copper as the odd brass fitting will add weight anyhow.

you cant put brass in as braizery just solder like a cylinder thats stripped thats why the price is similar as its still mostly copper

No more cash here from Dec 1st, from then on all payments will be made onto a debit card/ or chq !

Apparently it is going to stop the pikeys knicking metal. I think this is a trial in Sussex and Hampshire, surely the pikeys will take their loot to another county :32:

No more cash here from Dec 1st, from then on all payments will be made onto a debit card/ or chq !

Apparently it is going to stop the pikeys knicking metal. I think this is a trial in Sussex and Hampshire, surely the pikeys will take their loot to another county :32:

Speaking to a local scrap merchant the other day that is exactly what is happening, the travellers are even offering to buy scrap for cash! then they drive it to Ireland and sell it there for CASH!

Utter madness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to scrap copper: what do you do with yours? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock