Currently reading:
Saniflo Question

Discuss Saniflo Question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Aaron_Ragmaan

Hi Guys,

i have a question about the saniflo pro unit. I am building a granny flat at the end of the garden and the AJ at the main house is at a higher level than the flat so we went for the saniflo unit. I was wondering does anyone know if you can drop the pipe coming from the saniflo unit and then gradually raise it underground so that it will meet the AJ at the house? As in will there be enough pressure from the unit to carry the waste that distance down and then upwards, or would you have another solution? We would prefer not to have the pipe running along the wall above ground. i.e. if you go straight up from the saniflo and have a gravity fall along the wall into the AJ.

you can see from my brilliant image what i mean....

grannyflat.jpg

Not really practical you waste pipe will end up holding crud in it.

Not allowed, even if you ran 40mm pipe and it did work you would be replacing the Saniflo every year or two. The discharge pipe should have a minimum fall to the drain of 1:100 (10mm per metre). Check out the 10 Golden Rules page at saniflo.co.uk.

Aaron, thinking on I suggest you look in to using an small pumping station with a high water level alarm for when things go wrong. Imagine a water butt with a lid and either 1 or 2 pumps inside, these have multiple inlet connections and one outlet so the discharge can be run underground. Once every six months or maybe even once a year take the lid off and using a hose pipe, a long handled brush and disinfectant it`s easy to clean. The discharge / outlet pipe still has run downhill so you might have to site the tank half in the ground and half above to get the downwards slope. More expensive than the Sanipro to start with but well worth it.

personally I'd lay a nice new soil pipe to link with the existing house manhole, never be a problem in the long term. Unless I misunderstood whether your feeding into the top of a manhole or where the pipes flow, which are higher?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Saniflo Question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back