Discuss Same day boiler repairs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stanios

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi all,

Do any of you carry out same day boiler repairs? I've only been lucky once with local merch having the right part. I don't bother now just order online for next day delivery.
If you charge for picking up the parts are customers ok with paying hourly rate while you drive?

Cheers!

Personally no , if one breaks down its usually a look on the way home , if parts are needed which is usually the case , next day ish. If its not the middle of winter and the customer has a lecky shower they may have to wait longer .

However an elderly or superb customer will sort of have priority.

I'm far to busy to do that. I diagnose then return with the parts ASAP to repair.

Unless it's life or death eg middle of winter and an oap

No normally next / 2 days depends on parts but I go and see it same day they phoned

Do you guys add % on top of boiler parts? I just cant force myself to add a penny on a PCB thats ÂŁ260 already

Depends on price but normally 5% on all parts or 10% on cheaper parts

But depends on customer if oap nothing gets added

Depends on price but normally 5% on all parts or 10% on cheaper parts

But depends on customer if oap nothing gets added

You sound like me. I'm a right sucker for an OAP. My wife laughs at me now the second I say old boy or old dear. I normally don't make anything on parts but as stated on another thread. That's because I am top end on my labour. So normally it evens out.

You sound like me. I'm a right sucker for an OAP. My wife laughs at me now the second I say old boy or old dear. I normally don't make anything on parts but as stated on another thread. That's because I am top end on my labour. So normally it evens out.

Have to look after our older generations

By then hopefully they have successfully done a brain transfer (old-Young) :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Same day boiler repairs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back