Currently reading:
Replace Heating Pump?

Discuss Replace Heating Pump? in the USA Plumbers Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi
Our radiators downstairs don't heat up very quickly and sometimes not even at all if the top floor ones are on.
The boiler is a GlowWorm Micron 50ff and with all the radiators on it needs to be reset quite regularly which I assume is because it is getting too hot?
The system is an open vented S plan with only 1 heating zone and the pump in the airing cupboard upstairs, heating valve and actuator have been changed in the last 5 years and the pump is as old as the install approx 25 years?
I am pretty confident that there is no air in the system and balanced OK so would the next idea be to change the pump?
The pump is a WILO Gold 50, I have checked its not seized by removing the center screw but it rattles a bit when running and gets too hot to touch.
Any other ideas it seems to be the same on all speed settings?
Thanks

Pump when you pull the bleedscrew out can you stop it with a screwdriver (you will see the impella spinning) if you can stop it easy new pump required

I had a wilo gold 50, just wouldn’t pump,enough, very noisy and as you ha e noticed gets very hot.

replaced with a DAB Evosta, very pleased with this pump.....check my posts for details. Found a very good price, can give details if interested.....Also runs very cool, almost silent and performs very well....

😎😎😎

Reply to Replace Heating Pump? in the USA Plumbers Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock