Search the forum,

Discuss Potterton Suprema 40 Locks out - Fan pproblem ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rojroj

I have a Potterton Suprema 40 Boiler. It started making a noise recently which sounds like Fan Noise.
There was some trapped Air in the Air Vent in the Airing Cupboard near he Pump and the Valve. Releasing that helped the Noise a bit. Today, I cleaned the Expansion Tank in the Loft before adding X100, but didn't fill the Tank back ; instead, just filled it till the inlet hole (hoping the full X100 would go in and then I would fill the tank). However, the Boiler locked out (Red lamp blinking). I thought it was due to lack of water, so re-filled the tank, reset the Boiler,but it still locked out. On opening the casing,I found that whenever the relay tries to start the Fan inside the Boiler, it fails and locks out. After I tried turning the fan manually, it started up. So it works for now, but fails to start the fan once in a while and locks up again.
Am I correct in assuming that the refilling of the Expansion Tank has nothing to do with this issue and the fan is on its way out ?
If so, I guess it's not too costly to replace the fan ?

Thanks and Regards

Doesn't sound realated to be honest. Suprimas have had their day in my opinion.. especially with open vented systems... it's not the dark ages.

are you gas safe reg if not naughty naughty if you are pm gas man

Replacing fan will compromise room seal. Definitely a gas safe job. Given reputation of boiler you might just have time to take out a cover plan before fan fails completely.

Stop messing about with something you neither understand nor are competent to work on.

GET A GSR IN FOR YOUR OWN SAFETY!

Thread closed.

Job 38.11.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Potterton Suprema 40 Locks out - Fan pproblem ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock